Giggs wants to play on

Veteran midfielder wants to continue for at least another season

image Ryan Giggs says he has no plans to retire and will play on next season for Manchester United

The Welsh winger turns 39 in November and says he still feels as good as ever in his 21st year as a United player.

Giggs made his debut for the Red Devils in 1991, and has played in a club record 897 matches, netting 165 times, including at least one goal in every Premier League season.

When asked if he intended to play on after this season he told the club's official magazine: "Yeah, it is at the moment.

"We'll sit down pretty soon and see what we want to do but, at the moment, I feel good and I want to carry on."

Giggs also did not discount playing on into his 40s, as long as he continued to influence the play.

He added: "Now that one's a question! You can't see it but we'll see. When that changes (having a big influence on the pitch), then that's when I'll want to stop.

"But I feel like I'm still an influence on and off the pitch so I'll carry on."

Sir Alex Ferguson was also keen to keep the veteran midfielder for another season.

The United manager said: "There has been no discernable deterioration in his play whatsoever and, in that sense, why shouldn't he stay on another year?

"Obviously, it's entirely up to Ryan himself but I don't see any reason why he can't continue."

Post a Comment

Hii ni Blog kwa ajili ya kuhabarisha, kutoa/kupokea taarifa na kuelimisha mambo yote yaliyo chanya kwa Nchi yetu. Tafadhali sana unapotoa maoni usichafue hali ya hewa wala usijeruhi hisia za mtu/watu. Kuwa mstaarabu...

Previous Post Next Post