Drogba admits he will leave Chelsea

Chelsea striker Didier Drogba

Chelsea striker Didier Drogba has revealed that he will be leaving the club this summer after eight seasons at Stamford Bridge.

The 34-year-old Ivorian’s contract is due to finish in the summer and talks were due to be held by the player and the club in the coming weeks.

But it appears his decision has already been made as he prepares for a ‘leap into the unknown’.

"We [me and my team-mates] will no longer be together next season," said Drogba in quotes attributed to France Football magazine.

"As I decided to leave, I wanted to tell them straight in the eye. Except that I could not do it. They made me crack.

"Even though it's been three years since I said I wanted to leave, I find it hard to admit that it's over with this club - especially as I did not feel like this.

"But I could not see myself sitting on the bench to watch others play when the club plans to set up a new team.

"So that's it - I am preparing for my leap into the unknown. It's going to be another adventure."

Post a Comment

Hii ni Blog kwa ajili ya kuhabarisha, kutoa/kupokea taarifa na kuelimisha mambo yote yaliyo chanya kwa Nchi yetu. Tafadhali sana unapotoa maoni usichafue hali ya hewa wala usijeruhi hisia za mtu/watu. Kuwa mstaarabu...

Previous Post Next Post